Tuesday 1 December 2015

Want me to review your manuscript for free? Then be polite...

"It has been 3 days since an E-mail inviting you to review XXX-YYYYY-ZZZZ, entitled "Rbah blah blah". Could you please inform us of your decision by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page with your decision as soon as possible?"

"Actually mate, I have already replied to this email address, which I assume is yours. 

I did that in the 28th of November, a Saturday, and approximately 10 minutes after I received your review request - that was 10:47pm at night, my time. 

But given your tone, I should probably have just ignored it for the spam it must have been. 

A professional journal would make a second approach for my review with some degree of professionalism. I am acutely aware of how hard it is to get peers to reply, let alone agree, to manuscript review requests as I am a Section Editor, an Associate Editor and on 2 editorial boards myself. However, I have never chased up a potential reviewer using such a short tone. 

Please remove me from your list of potential reviewers. I would no more review for you or this journal again, than poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.